What is geotextile？
Geotextile, also known as geotextile, is a permeable geosynthetic material made of synthetic fibers through needle punching or weaving.
Geotextile is one of the new geosynthetic materials. The finished product is cloth-like, with a general width of 4-6 meters and a length of 50-100 meters.
Geotextiles are divided into woven geotextiles and non-woven filament geotextiles.
What are the characteristics of geotextiles？
1. High strength, due to the use of plastic fibers, it can maintain sufficient strength and elongation under dry and wet conditions.
2. Corrosion resistance, long-term corrosion resistance in soil and water with different pH.
3. Good water permeability There are gaps between fibers, so it has good water permeability.
4. Good anti-microbial property, no damage to microorganisms and moths.
5. The construction is convenient. Because the material is light and soft, it is convenient to transport, lay and construct.
6. Complete specifications: the width can reach 9 meters. It is the widest product in China, the mass per unit area: 100-1000g/m2
The role of geotextiles
The use of polyester staple fiber needle-punched geotextiles for building materials with different physical properties (particle size, distribution, consistency and density, etc.)
materials (such as soil and sand, soil and concrete, etc.) for isolation. So that there is no loss or mixing between two or more materials, and the materials are kept
The overall structure and function of the material enhance the load-carrying capacity of the structure.
2: Filtration (reverse filtration)
When water flows from the fine material soil layer into the coarse material soil layer, the good air permeability and water permeability of polyester staple fiber needle-punched geotextiles are used to make the water flow
Pass through, and effectively intercept soil particles, fine sand, small stones, etc., to maintain the stability of water and soil engineering.
Polyester staple fiber needle-punched geotextile has good water conductivity, it can form a drainage channel inside the soil,
The remaining liquid and gas are discharged.
Using polyester staple fiber needle-punched geotextiles to enhance the tensile strength and deformation resistance of the soil and enhance the stability of the building structure to improve
Good soil quality.
When the water flow scours the soil, it can effectively diffuse, transmit or decompose the concentrated stress, prevent the soil from being damaged by external forces, and protect the soil.
Combined with geomembrane to become a composite waterproof and anti-seepage material, it plays the role of anti-puncture.
High tensile strength, good permeability, air permeability, high temperature resistance, freezing resistance, aging resistance, corrosion resistance, and no insects.
Polyester staple fiber needle punched geotextile is a widely used geosynthetic material. Widely used in reinforcement of railway embankment, highway pavement.
Maintenance of sports halls, protection of dams, isolation of hydraulic structures, tunnels, coastal tidal flats, reclamation, environmental protection and other projects.
Tinhy has four manufacturing facilities, covering an area of 100,000 square meters.
We currently have 5 geomembranes (3 flat-die, 2 blown), 3 non-woven geotextiles (2 short-fiber, 1 continuous-filament), 3 MDS® drainage boards (up to 6 meters wide), 3 geocomposites (with geonets, GCL, and composite geomembranes), double-locking edges GCL, geonets, geogrids, and water-stop belt production lines.
With the varieties of products and professional installation team, Tinhy always puts the integrity of the projects first by providing superior products and cost-effective solutions.
To become the world-leading anti-seepage system solution provider, we have focused on applying Tinhy’s geosynthetic products in the environmental protection and civil engineering industries for 19 years.
We will continue to work on replacing the natural materials with geosynthetic products during the whole course of our growth. We would like to:
1. Keep the status of geosynthetics in waste and water management.
2. Establish long-term business relationships with companies that stick to the principle of environmental containment.
3. Make joint efforts to find the balance between human beings and natural resources.