What is a geomembrane
HDPE geomembrane is a waterproof and barrier material produced from (medium) high-density polyethylene resin. (Geomembrane with a density of 0.94g/cm3 or above).
The full name of HDPE geomembrane is “high density polyethylene film”. Service life (50 years).
It is widely used in anti-seepage projects such as domestic waste landfills, solid waste landfills, sewage treatment plants, artificial lakes, and tailings treatment.
Geomembrane application field
Landfill, sewage treatment plant, power plant tailings treatment, chemical plant, fertilizer plant, sugar factory sewage tailings treatment, non-ferrous metallurgy, sulfuric acid pool, tailings treatment, subway, basement, tunnel, roof lining and other special environment anti-seepage (for special use); horizontal anti-seepage laying and vertical anti-seepage laying of reservoirs, canals, and dams; anti-seepage of seawater, fresh water, and farms.
What is HDPE
High-density polyethylene (HDPE), a white powder or granular product. Non-toxic, tasteless, crystallinity of 80% to 90%, softening point of 125 to 135°C, service temperature up to 100°C; hardness, tensile strength and creep are worse than low density polyethylene; wear resistance, electrical Good insulation, toughness and cold resistance; good chemical stability, insoluble in any organic solvents at room temperature, corrosion resistant to acids, alkalis and various salts; the film has low permeability to water vapor and air, and water absorption Low; poor aging resistance, environmental stress cracking resistance is not as good as low-density polyethylene, especially thermal oxidation will reduce its performance, so antioxidants and ultraviolet absorbers must be added to the resin to improve this deficiency. High-density polyethylene film has a low heat distortion temperature under stress, so care should be taken when applying it.
Geomembrane Application Scenarios
1. HDPE geomembrane is suitable for environmental protection and sanitation: such as landfills, sewage treatment plants, power plant regulating tanks, industrial and hospital solid waste, etc.;
2. HDPE geomembrane is suitable for water conservancy projects: such as seepage prevention, plugging, reinforcement of rivers, lakes, reservoirs and dams, seepage prevention of canals, vertical core walls, slope protection, etc.;
3. HDPE geomembrane is used in municipal engineering: subway, building underground engineering, planting roof, roof garden, sewage pipe anti-seepage;
4. Polyethylene anti-seepage film is suitable for gardens: artificial lakes, rivers, reservoirs, pond bottoms of golf courses, slope protection, green lawns, etc.;
5. High-density polyethylene geomembrane is suitable for petrochemical: chemical plant, oil refinery, anti-seepage of oil storage tank, chemical reaction tank, lining of sedimentation tank, secondary lining, etc.;
6. Polyethylene geomembrane is suitable for mining industry: washing tanks, heap leaching tanks, ash dumps, dissolution tanks, sedimentation tanks, storage yards, bottom lining of tailings, etc.;
7. Low-density polyethylene film is suitable for transportation facilities: foundation reinforcement of roads, anti-seepage of culverts;
8. HDPE geomembrane is suitable for agriculture: anti-seepage of reservoirs, drinking water pools, reservoirs, waste residue treatment plants, and irrigation systems;
9. HDPE geomembrane is suitable for aquaculture industry: intensive, factory farming ponds, fish ponds, inner lining of shrimp ponds, sea cucumber circle slope protection, etc.;
10. HDPE geomembrane is suitable for salt industry: salt field crystallization pool, brine pool thatch cover, salt film, salt pool plastic thatch film.