what is geotextile？
Geotextile is a synthetic material used in underground engineering, water conservancy engineering, traffic engineering and other fields. Its main function is to strengthen soil, filter soil layer, prevent water flow, prevent soil erosion, etc. The nature, types and application scenarios of geotextiles are introduced in detail below.
Geotextiles have the characteristics of corrosion resistance, aging resistance, high tensile strength and good water permeability. It is usually made of polyester, polypropylene and other materials, and various types such as non-woven geotextiles and knitted geotextiles are formed through different production processes.
According to the manufacturing process and performance characteristics, geotextiles can usually be divided into the following types:
Non-woven geotextile: It is made of non-woven technology. It has the advantages of high strength, good water permeability, and aging resistance. It is suitable for large-scale projects such as water conservancy, roads, railways, and tunnels.
Knitted geotextile: It is made of polyester, polypropylene and other material fibers through a weaving machine. It has the characteristics of softness, high tensile strength, and good filtration performance. It is suitable for slope protection, retaining walls, and reinforcement in geotechnical engineering, etc. .
Plastic geogrid: made of polyethylene, polypropylene and other materials, it has the characteristics of high strength, high rigidity, corrosion resistance and aging resistance, especially suitable for land reinforcement and reinforcement in roads, railways, port terminals, embankments and other projects protection.
3. Application scenarios
Geotextiles are widely used in water conservancy, highways, railways, tunnels, bridges, ocean engineering, environmental protection and other fields. For example, in tunnel engineering, geotextiles can help strengthen the soil and reduce tunnel deformation and water seepage; in marine engineering, geotextiles can protect the coastline and prevent wave erosion; The combination of vegetation plays a role in slowing down soil erosion and improving land quality. In short, geotextiles are playing an increasingly important role in modern engineering construction.
(1) Foundation treatment: The construction site needs to be cleaned and leveled to ensure that the soil surface is smooth and even.
(2) Spreading cloth: Lay the geotextile on the construction surface to ensure that the cloth surface is flat and free of wrinkles. When laying multiple layers, it is necessary to stagger the joints of each layer to avoid weakening the effect of the laying structure.
(3) Fixing: use pile nails or artificial rivets to fix the geotextile tightly to ensure that there will be no slippage or blistering.
(4) Seam treatment: If the width of the geotextile is different from the width of the construction surface, the two geotextiles need to be spliced together, and the seam treatment should be done with hot melt adhesive or adhesive.
(5)Filling and covering: Cover the geotextile as soon as possible, usually with a layer of soil with a thickness of 10-20cm, to prevent the geotextile exposed to the environment from being eroded by ultraviolet rays.
(6) Leveling: Finally, by using mechanical tools, the land surface is further leveled to ensure that the geotextile coverage is even and firm.
It should be noted that when constructing different types of geotextiles, it is necessary to refer to the corresponding specifications and standards, especially in the selection of laying positions, positioning, and compaction. Once a problem occurs, it needs to be dealt with in time to avoid larger construction problems in the future.
The price of geotextiles varies with its different types, specifications and thickness. Among them, the budget range of conventional non-woven geotextiles is between 10 yuan and 25 yuan per square meter, while the budget range of knitted geotextiles is 15 yuan to 35 yuan per square meter. The price of geotextiles with different thicknesses, specifications and uses also varies. different.