9 Geomembrane laying procedures
Artificial membrane laying
1) On general slopes and at the bottom of the site, the laying team members first check whether the number of each geotextile membrane in the laying area is consistent with the number on the layout plan. After confirming that there is no error, they immediately use sandbags to position the membrane according to regulations
When anchoring, then check whether the overlap width of the membrane meets the requirements of 10 cm -12 cm. If adjustment is needed, adjust it in a timely manner to make sufficient preparations for the next process.
2) When laying geomembrane on the slope of the garbage dump, first lay the geomembrane parallel to the maximum slope line from point A, and label the geomembrane as G1.
3) Sequential laying of slope geomembrane
4) After placing the geomembrane into the anchoring ditch, press it firmly with a sandbag (temporary), and adjust it after the geomembrane is welded
If appropriate, use compacted clay to permanently anchor the geomembrane, leaving the edges of the two places 2m away during anchoring, in order to facilitate welding in the next round.
The anchoring of compacted clay and the welding of geomembrane should be carried out in a cross manner, without mutual interference. The newly laid geomembrane should not be immediately anchored, and can only be adjusted before proceeding.
5) After laying the slope geotextile, the bottom geotextile should be quickly laid.
6) The bottom geotextile should be connected to the geotextile on the slope as soon as possible to prevent rainwater from flowing back into the bottom of the finished geotextile during rain.
7) Laying geomembrane at the bottom is the process of laying the bottom geomembrane after the welding of the slope geomembrane is completed.
8) Geomembrane should be laid one by one according to the cut size and recorded. Overlap 10-12cm between two geomembranes.
9) The geotextile membrane should be welded while being laid, and the welding should be completed on the same day of laying.
Welding preparation: Start the generator, connect the power cord, and wait for 3 minutes when the temperature reaches the set temperature
The test welding can only be carried out after minutes. For the hot wedge welding machine, take one 0.9 × A 0.3m sample is tested for welding with adjusted pressure, temperature, and speed. Peel and shear tests are conducted on the welding sample.
When the base material is torn apart and the weld seam is not torn open, the test welding is considered qualified. Formal welding is carried out using the temperature, speed, and pressure adjusted by the welding machine during the test welding. Due to the large slope of the slope, a soft ladder should be hung on the slope, and construction personnel should wear safety belts and ropes.
Shandong Tianhai New Material Engineering Co., Ltd. has been established for 20 years, focusing on the production, research and development, application, and sales of new engineering materials. The company covers an area of over 70000 square meters, with fixed assets of 120 million yuan, 386 employees, and 25 advanced production lines.
It is a member unit of national key associations such as China Geosynthetic Materials Engineering Association, China Building Waterproof Association, China Plastic Processing Industry Association, China Environmental Protection Industry Association, and China Welding Association.
We mainly produce three categories, twelve series, and over a hundred types of products: geosynthetics, matrix TM drainage systems, and polymer waterproof rolls.
The products are widely used in four major fields: ecological and environmental protection, water conservancy and agriculture, transportation engineering, and building waterproofing. Over the years, our company has won titles such as “Famous Brand in China”, “Hidden Champion in Shandong Province”, “Single Champion in Shandong Manufacturing Industry”, “Shandong Famous Brand”, “Famous Trademark in Shandong Province”, and “Shandong High Quality Product”.
We have obtained qualifications such as CRCC Railway Certification, CQC Environmental Protection Certification, CE EU Certification, Quality Management System, Environmental Management System, Occupational Health and Safety Management System, and 3A Credit Rating Certificate, And has the right to self operate import and export.
Geosynthetic materials: Currently, we have seven series of products, among which “HDPE geomembrane” is our representative product. Along with geotextiles, composite geomembranes, bentonite waterproof blankets, etc., it is widely used for seepage prevention in domestic waste landfills, tailings dams, reservoirs, river management and other engineering projects.